Mar 8, 2011

Back To AMG

OK, so I was able to locate a set of reasonably good Gen2 AMG Pentas in Finland. I got very lucky in that it was a known fellow at a certain Mercedes forum, and he was willing to drop the wheels off at my end for free. Thus the total cost was reasonable. Here's what they look like. They are 8x16" ET11's, running some pretty tired Continental friction tires.





I believe they were manufactured in 1985. These were painted blue by AMG, and when the current owner got them he rattlecanned them silver. As they are now, there are some stone chips and scratches but other than that, they are pretty well preserved. One of them is ever so slightly warped but all of them balanced out nicely with normal weights.

The paint will probably not last very long, so I'll probably have them refinished in a few years. These wheels will be my winter wheels.

They are noticeably more "correct" offset-wise than the BBSes, since they bulge outwards 12mm more, but the oldtimer look of the inward-offset BBSes is nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment