Apr 22, 2012

Popped Down to the Capital

Today I drove down to Helsinki on business. Paid a visit to Matyas from FinalGear who gave me the bottom half of his old passenger seat. I shall now find out whether its metal structure is compatible with my drivers seat. I'm planning on redoing the front seats of the car. I also received a nice 80s first-aid kit from Matyas, so thank you very much!

I contemplated for a long time whether to drive straight home or go see what downtown Helsinki looks like today. As I was leaving I went ahead and set a route for home. Missed a turn, went "oh ffs" and turned the nav off. Followed the signs as far south as I could. Eventually I ran out of country!


I like to visit Kaivopuisto whenever I'm in Helsinki. In the background you can see Suomenlinna.



Helsinki is an awesome city, every time I'm down there I'm a bit envious of those who get to live there. It's also great for car spotters. Just today, only in traffic I oogled at a Ferrari 458 Italia, CLS (the new one) 63 AMG, and half a dozen Porsches among other things. Good stuff.

Total mileage today: 540 km. Fuel consumption: 11,66 l/100km.

No comments:

Post a Comment